This letter is in support of the petition for the suspension of vaccination against covid-19 which was presented to you by MM. Yativ and Seligmann.
I am Luc Montagnier, doctor of medicine, professor emeritus at the Institut Pasteur in Paris, director of research emeritus at CNRS, Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine for the discovery of the AIDS virus.
I am an expert in virology, having devoted a large part of my research to RNA viruses, in particular mouse encephalomyocarditis, the Rous sarcoma virus, HIV 1 and the HIV 2 virus.
Considerable effort has been devoted to vaccination against the coronavirus covid-19 responsible for a global pandemic. In particular the State of Israel has organized a mass vaccination of its population so far, 49% of its total population has received two doses of Pfizer vaccine.
First of all, I would like to stress the novelty of this type of vaccine.
- In conventional vaccines, the genetic information carried by viral DNA or RNA is inactivated and virus proteins are used to induce vaccine antibodies. In some cases, the virus remains alive, but is attenuated by successive passages in vitro.
- In the case of so-called RNA messenger vaccines, these vaccines are made from an active fraction of the virus's RNA which will be injected into the vaccinated person. It therefore penetrates the cells of the latter which will manufacture the vaccine proteins from the code of the injected RNA.
We immediately see that this last step depends a lot on its success on the physiological state of the recipient.
I would like to summarize the potential dangers of these vaccines in a mass vaccination policy.
1. Short-term side effects : these are not the normal local reactions found for any vaccination, but serious reactions involve the life of the recipient such as anaphylactic shock linked to a component of the vaccine mixture. , or severe allergies or an autoimmune reaction up to cell aplasia.
2. Lack of vaccine protection :
2.1 induction of facilitating antibodies - the induced antibodies do not neutralize a viral infection, but on the contrary facilitate it depending on the recipient. The latter may have already been exposed to the virus asymptomatically. A low level of naturally induced antibodies may compete with the antibodies induced by the vaccine.
2.2 The production of antibodies induced by vaccination in a population highly exposed to the virus will lead to the selection of variants resistant to these antibodies. These variants can be more virulent or more transmissible . This is what we are seeing now. An endless virus-vaccine race that will always turn to the advantage for the virus.
3. Long-term effects : Contrary to the claims of the manufacturers of messenger RNA vaccines, there is a risk of integration of viral RNA into the human genome. Indeed, each of our cells has endogenous retroviruses with the ability to reverse transcriptase from RNA into DNA. Although this is a rare event, its passage through the DNA of germ cells and its transmission to future generations cannot be excluded.
“Faced with an unpredictable future, it is better to abstain. "
Professor Luc Montagnier
Nobel Laureate Luc Montagnier supports stopping the vaccine campaign in Israel